The Sanitation Program and Indian Health Services (IHS) provides adequate facilities to help protect and improve the health of Native American people.
A person is considered to be eligible for the Sanitation Program under the following conditions:
- Must be a Sault Tribe Member.
- Reside in the seven-county service area.
- There are no income guidelines for this program.
- Service to individuals is limited to once in a lifetime.
A home is considered to be eligible under the following conditions:
- Must be 24-hour year-round family dwelling.
- Home and property must be zoned residential.
- Must meet IHS home condition requirements.
- Plumbing and electrical services must meet code.
- An Environmental Review clearance must be completed prior to service being approved.
For more information regarding this program, please call the Homeownership Department.